What you’ll need:
- An ice-cream container lid (or an old food container lid)
- Scissors or a craft knife (be careful and use adult help when necessary)
- A marker (felt pen)
- A skewer
- A straw
- A pin
- Trace a triangle onto the ice-cream container lid with the marker and cut it out. Repeat the process but this time trace and cut out a rectangle.
- Cut a slit in both ends of the straw and slide the triangle in one end and the rectangle in the other end and glue into place.
- Push a pin through the exact middle of the straw and then into the flat end of the skewer.
- Place it outside where you can easily see it from the inside and you’ll be able to tell which direction the wind is blowing without even having to go outside.
Combine your wind direction results with wind speed, air pressure and rain fall for a full weather report.