Mark your calendars! Prime Day starts October 13 and lasts until 11:59 pm EST October 14!
Here at WeAreTeachers, we will be rounding up the BEST deals for teachers and sharing them on our WeAreTeachers DEALS Facebook group. Join now and bookmark the page as we share details and special deals leading up to the event and during Prime Day!
This year, Amazon is focusing on helping small businesses and you benefit as well. Spend $10 and Get $10! Today through October 12, Amazon will offer Prime members a $10 credit to use on Prime Day when members spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store.
WeAreTeachers is an affiliate partner of Amazon. That means we receive a small commission if you purchase through our links. All items are selected by our editorial team because we love and use them ourselves.
Great Prime Day Deals for Teachers
Leading up to Prime Day, members will discover all kinds of early offers and deals. The following have already started!
- Get two Echo Dot devices for $39.98
- Get Fire TV Recast for $129.99 to store up to 75 hours of HD programming
- Save up to 45% on Fire tablets. Get the Fire HD 10 for $79.99 and Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet for $59.99
- Save $75 on eero Mesh WiFi system ensuring you have whole home WiFi coverage, just $174.00
- Save $50 on Kindle Paperwhite, just $79.99
- Save $35 on the Kindle Kids Edition, just $74.99
- Save 20% on Mynt 3D pens
- Save 20% on Sindoh 3D printers
- Save up to 22% on Hamilton Beach Works with Alexa Smart Coffee Maker
- Save 20% on pumpkin bakery soy candles from Amazon Handmade Maker, Lorenzen Candle Co
- Save up to 35% on Bissell floorcare
- Save up to 40% on kitchen essentials from Le Creuset, Pyrex, and more
- Save up to 30% on Cuisinart appliances and cookware
- Save 15% on AmScope Microscopes for Kids
- Save up to 30% on toys from Melissa & Doug
- Get the all-new Toshiba 43-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $179.99
- Amazon Music for just $0.99
- Spend $20 on Kindle ebooks and get a $5 ebook credit; Plus, Prime members can choose two, new select Kindle books for free
- Save up to 20% on school supplies
- Save up to 60% on subscription boxes
- Save up to 20% on snacks and drinks
- Save up to 20% on select furniture, rugs, chairs, and more
- Save up to 30% on smart lights, plugs, and more Smart Home deals
- Save up to 15% on select fall fashion from Shopbop including boots, denim, and more
- Save up to 40% on daily essentials by Amazon
- Enjoy $15 off your first order of $50 or more on Amazon Fresh plus item level offers throughout the store
And here are a few tips on how to navigate Prime Day and have access to the biggest savings.
1. Start your 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime.
If you’re not yet a member, you can try Amazon Prime free for 30 days to get access to all the Prime Day deals. Of course, you will probably become hooked on the Prime services, such as free two-day shipping and streaming movies and TV for both personal and classroom use. If you are working on your advanced degree and have a .edu email address, you qualify for Amazon Prime Student, which gives you a six-month all-access free trial and then Prime for just $49 a year—half the price of a regular membership. Working teachers also get exclusive perks. You can check those out here.
2. Download the Amazon app.
Download the free Amazon app to easily find the top deals during Prime Day as well as the Deal of the Day, Lightning Deals, and more sales throughout the year. Go to Today’s Deals and click Upcoming to view all deals 24 hours before they are live. Then tap Watch This Deal. The app will alert you when your deal is starting.
3. Set up Amazon Assistant on your desktop.
The Amazon Assistant browser extension can help you watch Prime Day deals from your PC while you are online and helps you easily compare the prices of items on Amazon and elsewhere. While this browser extension can be distracting during the school year, during Prime Day it can help you stay on top of big emerging deals.
4. Make an Amazon list.
Turn your wish list into a reality! Make an official Amazon list of the items you hope will go on extreme sale for Prime Day. If these items go on sale, you will be notified through an Amazon app push notification. Score!
5. Use your Alexa for early shopping and exclusive deals.
Last year, Amazon Alexa users got a jump on the Prime Day deals, with a two-hour Alexa-exclusive shopping window before the big event.
6. Start watching deals early.
The Prime Day deals will start being revealed at amazon.com/primeday a day or two before the event begins. New deals start as often as every five minutes for 30 hours straight.
7. If you miss a deal, join the waitlist.
If an item is 100 percent claimed, click the Join Waitlist button on the product page. Then if additional items become available, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device through the Amazon app.
What are your Prime Day shopping tips? Come and share in our WeAreTeachers DEALS group on Facebook.